The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and adidas have unveiled the new England One-Day International (ODI) cricket kit for the 2011 season.
Cricket is evolving. The rise of T20, the scoop, the switch-hit, and the slower ball bouncer are all helping to re-write the cricket textbook we once knew.
But some things remain the same. Cricket always has been and always will be a game of fractions - millimetres and split seconds make the difference between success and failure, and the new England ODI cricket kit is designed to help players stay cool in those key moments.
The new shirt features leading technologies including ClimaCool™ and Formotion™. Climacool™ technology ensures that players will keep cool under pressure at the wicket, in the field and delivering that crucial delivery at the end of the innings when every run matters. Formotion™ technology is utilised in the way the kit is cut allowing players’ to have greater freedom of movement in all aspects of the game. The kit also incorporates key components such as key heat and ventilation zones, moisture management fabrics and conductive fibres creating a shirt that achieves temperature regulation regardless of the conditions.
• The kit features an embossed print to the front of the shirt and an embossed lion to the rear
• A stand up collar for UV protection
• The zip neck closure is a new design feature of the shirt implemented to keep it sleek and stylish
• The collegiate blue and light red contrast colour blocking tie into the traditional ECB identity
• Embroidered with both the England cricket team and adidas logo the shirt also features the current England sponsor Brit Insurance to the front centre chest and sleeve
The England ODI cricket kit will be worn for the first time against Sri Lanka on the 25th June, 2011 in the first Natwest International Twenty20 of the Series at the County Ground in Bristol.
Stockists: www adidas.com / 0870 240 4204
RRP: £35.oo (Youth) / £45.oo (Adult) Short Sleeved
The adidas England One-Day International Shirt will be available at retail from adidas Performance stores, JJB Sports retail outlets UK wide and cricket specialists’ shops across the country from 18th April 2011.