Wednesday 29 August 2007
Allett Mowers Joins Turfmech Stable
The move brings one of Britain’s best-known makes of professional walk-behind cylinder mower and turf-care equipment into the Turfmech stable to be based at Turfmech’s product development and manufacturing centre in Hixon, Staffordshire.
Allett Mowers’ move south from its previous location in Arbroath, Scotland, will ensure that the business benefits fully from the technical know-how, engineering expertise and financial backing of one of Britain’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of professional grounds maintenance equipment. The business will continue to trade as Allett Mowers with all products carrying the respected Allett name.
Speaking following the completion of the purchase, Turfmech’s managing director, Austin Jarrett, pointed out that the Allett product line forms a perfect fit with the Turfmech range.
“Turfmech has been closely involved with the professional turf and grounds maintenance industry for the past 17 years, supplying products such as precision top dressers, mowers and debris collection equipment to golf and sports clubs, stadiums and parks departments,” he said. “Adding Allett walk-behind cylinder mowers and associated turf-care equipment to our portfolio will enable us to expand our involvement with and support for turf professionals looking after a wider range of sports surfaces, including those used for rugby, soccer, cricket, tennis and bowls. We will be aiming also to build Allett’s existing business among those caring for large formal lawns and similar areas of ornamental grass within public and private parks and gardens.”
Allett Mowers’ move to its new base in Staffordshire is expected to be completed by the end of August with a purpose-designed pedestrian mower production line now being established within Turfmech’s existing manufacturing facility at Hixon.
Moving with the company to Staffordshire are Roy Allett, who takes up the position of Product Director, and Chris York, who will continue to focus on sales. “This is an important and positive move for Allett, providing the business with fresh impetus and a sound future,” commented Roy Allett. “Turfmech is a highly-respected name in the grounds maintenance industry, renowned for the quality of its products and after-sales support. I am confident that the Allett brand will go from strength to strength as part of the Turfmech stable, benefiting our dealers and end-users in the UK, Ireland and other parts of the world.”
All of Allett Mowers’ dealers in the UK and overseas are being written to by Turfmech to assure them of Turfmech’s total commitment to the business and the uninterrupted provision of sales, technical, parts and service support for them and their customers.
Initially, Turfmech plans to offer the Allett range of machines as listed below. End-user research and product evaluation will be carried out by Turfmech over the coming months to assist with the updating and improvement of existing models and the development and introduction of new products to meet customers’ future needs and demands from both the high-end consumer and professional markets.
The current Allett range comprises:
• Regal (36in and 42in) – this top-of-the-range sports field mower is used at six Test Match cricket grounds in the UK as well as at major sports stadia world-wide.
• Buffalo 34 (34in) – a compact, super-lightweight sports field mower recommended for soccer pitches and formal lawns.
• Buffalo (20in, 24in & 27in) – a general-purpose professional mower able to cut a wide range of grass lengths. Ideal for the contractor market.
• Tournament (20in & 24in) – a 10-bladed fine-cut mower with groomer designed to produce a first-class finish on golf & bowling greens and cricket wickets.
• Shaver (20in & 24in) – a 10-bladed fine-cut mower with dual-position front roller allowing a brush to be fitted or the distance between front and rear rollers to be reduced for enhanced contour following.
• C20, C24 and C34 grass maintenance systems (20in, 24in & 34in) – these pedestrian machines are available with the following interchangeable cassette attachments: a 10-bladed cutting cylinder with or without groomer; a six-bladed cutting cylinder; slitter; verticutter; scarifier; sorrel roller; brush.
• BJB42 deep scarifier with collection (42in) – suitable for aerating and scarifying sports and amenity turf. PTO powered, the BJB42 can be mounted on a compact tractor or a suitable work vehicle.
Artificial SurfacesGround Maintenance Ground EquipmentGround MachineryTurf Care Products