26th May: Chennai S. Kings v Mumbai I, 14:30 GMT
24th-28th May: 2nd Test, Headingley
In its endeavour to engage its ever-growing fan base, Chennai Super Kings (CSK), launched a fan engagement contest for the upcoming Indian Premier League around the corner. For the first time we see a club allowing young fans to come up with a cool and exciting name for their favorite mascot.
CSK mascot, a strapping young lion, symbolizing the city’s fighting spirit and winning attitude, is a huge hit with the younger fans of the team. Even though it has been a long standing fixture in the CSK brand for over 4 years now, it has remained nameless for all these years. Team CSK is now set to change all that. From cheering the team on the sidelines, to coloring the field yellow celebrating victory, the mascot is now going to be a more visible member of the team with the responsibility of entertaining young and old fans who watch the match in the stadium.
Through this contest the young Chennai Super king Fans are encouraged to participate in giving a name to their favorite mascot that is not only cool but is reflective of the attitude of the city and the team it stands for. In order to help the fans, there are some likes and dislikes that have been mentioned, that will help them in naming the lion. These attributes are:
What he Likes:
• He loves Whistling, dancing, playing cricket and watching movies
• He can’t resist South Indian food, especially curd rice and pickles.
• He’s a Thalaivar fan (just like everyone else) and he always watches Rajini movies first day first show
• He loves showing off his cricketing prowess with the helicopter shot… well just about any shot that gets him a six.
• His favourite Super Kings moments include the nail biting last over at Dharamsala and going up to receive all the trophies with the entire Super Kings team
What he doesn’t like:
• He hates the offseason and any other time that takes him away from his cricket.
• Empty stadiums are another downer for him
• He hates bullies and cheats
• He can’t stand laziness in any form
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Rakesh Singh , Jt. President, Marketing said, “A mascot is a platform to engage with our young fans. It allows a certain freedom to bring humour and sarcasm into a serious sports brand. Moreover, It can have a opinion on anything and everything and put a smile on faces. We are excited to get our young fans involved in the naming of their favorite mascot and hope that we will receive great response from them. The lucky winner, will not only have a chance to name the lion, but also receive a host of goodies from the team. 10 runners up will win post cards jointly autographed by the captain M.S.Dhoni and the mascot.”
The contest is for fans aged between 4 – 15 years and will be conducted through SMS and Online entries. All our fans will send their entries (Their choice of name for the mascot) as SMS CSK space <MASCOT NAME> space <YOUR NAME> space <YOUR EMAIL ID> to 56161. They could also log onto and fill in the online form hosted there. The last date of entry for the contest would be 28th of Feb, 2012.
Open an account with bet365 today and qualify for up to £200 in free bets with our fantastic 100% Deposit Bonus.