Tuesday 24 March 2009 

Collymore Signs Contract Extension At Sussex

Collymore Signs Contract Extension At Sussex
Collymore Signs Contract Extension At Sussex
© Action Images / John Sibley
 

Sussex CCC is pleased to announce that Corey Collymore, who played his first season for the club last year, has signed a one year extension to his contract, subject to work permit, keeping him at Hove until the end of the 2009 season.

Collymore, 31, played 9 first-class matches for Sussex last year and took 26 wickets at an average of 27.96.  An integral member of the 2008 squad, Corey’s control and discipline with the ball will once again be a benefit to the 2009 squad under the new leadership of Mike Yardy.

Corey Collymore said: “It’s great to be returning to Sussex for the 2009 season.  I really enjoyed last year and feel I have a lot more to offer the Club.  It’s a great place to play your cricket.  It’s an exciting time and I am looking forward to working under the new leadership of Robbo and Yards.”

Mike Yardy, Sussex CCC Captain, said: “Corey was great for us last season, both on and off the field.  It is good to have him back and I’m sure he’ll offer a lot.  His experience and input always proves priceless.”

© Sussex CCC