Cricket Banter - Dan Whiting & Liam Kenna
Learn from the best in cricket banter with this entertaining and hilarious collection of stories from some of the biggest characters in the sport
Anyone who plays the modern game of cricket knows that the laughs and banter are all part and parcel of it. Whether you’re out at the crease, in the slips, sat in the changing room or even propped up against the bar, there are many tales to be told and the sledging is often hilarious! This new title written by the boys at the Middle Stump blog is the ultimate guide to cricket banter, detailing stories from larger than life cricketing characters along with a selection of other hilarious stories from all levels of the game.
Including interviews with legends such as Mike Gatting, Jason Gillespie and Paul Nixon, Cricket Banter: Chat, Sledging & Laughs from The Middle Stump reveals some of the funniest stories in cricket, from the international scene right down to club level. In this highly amusing read, you’ll discover what terms like ’Weston’, ’Bunsen’ and a ’Jimmy White’ mean, as well as reliving some great moments from out in the middle. This is a book for those who enjoy the less stuffy side of cricket, and who knows, you might learn a great new sledge to use next time you play!
- A thoroughly entertaining collection of facts, stats and stories from out in the middle.
- In conjunction with the charity Factor 50, who raise money for research into melanoma treatment.
- Contributors include Ed Giddins, Steve Kirby, Alex Tudor and Matthew Maynard.
- With a foreword by the man renowned for his sledging behind the stumps, former England wicketkeeper Paul Nixon.
- Written by the bloggers from The Middle Stump, now boasting 150,000 hits and over 3,000 Twitter followers—and growing.
Dan Whiting and Liam Kenna are the brains behind The Middle Stump, a popular and amusing cricket blog and a growing Twitter presence. Both are local cricketers and their writing displays a broad knowledge of the sport as well as a talent for comedy. This is their first book. They both live in Hertfordshire.
To be published 22nd April 2013,