IPL 2013 - Matches Rescheduled, Sri Lankans To Play
A number of Indian Premier League 2013 matches have been rescheduled to avoid clashes with assembly elections in Karnataka.
Four games involving Royal Challengers Bangalore have been moved while some matches also involving Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Pune Warriors India and Sunrisers Hyderabad have also been moved.
Meanwhile, Sri Lanka players are set to be given the go-ahead to play in the tournament but will not feature in any matches in Chennai.
The Indian board (BCCI) was advised to prevent Sri Lankans from playing there due to il-feeling towards the Sri Lankan government.
One day after the IPL confirmed that the competition would continue without Sri Lankans playing in games in Chennai, a statement from Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) confirmed:
"Based on a note sent by the Minister of External Affairs regarding the safety of players and reports appearing in the electronic and print media, it was decided that the No Objection Certificates (NOC) issued to the players be restricted to exclude their appearance at any venue in the state of Tamil Nadu and also to obtain the players' personal opinion on their willingness to participate in the event.
"At the initial stages, SLC liaised with the BCCI and obtained Safety Guarantees for their participation and conveyed their assurances to each individual player.
"If and when the players express their intention to play in the IPL 2013, they would be permitted to proceed with the restriction indicated on playing in the State of Tamil Nadu."
As a result, two-time champions Chennai Super Kings will have Akila Dananjaya and Nuwan Kulasekara unavailable to them for their home matches, although visiting teams will be unable to field the likes of Muttiah Muralitharan, Mahela Jayawardene, Lasith Malinga or Kumar Sangakkara.
The competition gets underway on 3rd April.
The list of rescheduled matches is as follows:
1. Kings XI Punjab v Delhi Daredevils - from 23rd April in Mohali (8pm) to 16th May in Dharamsala (8pm)
2. Sunrisers Hyderabad v Delhi Daredevils - 4th April but now at 4pm rather than 8pm in Hyderabad
3. Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kings XI - from 4th May at 8pm to 14th May at 4pm
4. RCB v SH - from 6th May in Bangalore (8pm) to 9th April in Bangalore (8pm)
5. Delhi Daredevils v KXIP - from 13th May in Delhi (4pm) to 23rd April in Delhi (8pm)
6. Kolkata Knight Riders v Pune Warriors - from 14th May in Ranchi (8pm) to 15th May in Ranchi (4pm)
7. KXIP v RCB - from 16th May in Dharamshala (4pm) to 6th May in Mohali (8pm)
8. Chennai Super Kings v DD - from 16th May in Dharamshala (8pm) to 14th May in Dharamshala (8pm)
9. RCB vs CSK - from 19th May in Bangalore (4pm) to 18th May in Bangalore (8pm)
10. PWI vs DD - from 18th May in Pune (8pm) to 19th May in Pune (4pm)
© Cricket World 2013
Open an account with bet365 today and qualify for up to £200 in free bets with our fantastic 100% Deposit Bonus.