IPL 2014 Final Match Hub - Kings XI v Knight Riders
Welcome to the Cricket World Match Hub for the Indian Premier League 2014 final between the Kings XI Punjab and the Kolkata Knight Riders, featuring all you need to follow the game.
Below, you will find live text commentary, the live scorecard from the game and tweets from the competing teams, the IPL and other contributors and experts.
This page will also be updated with key updates as the game progresses so remember to refresh regularly!
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS 200-7 beat
KINGS XI PUNJAB 199-4 (Saha 115*, Vohra 67) by 3 wickets
- Sehwag (7) falls early
- Narine removes Bailey with his first ball and KXI reach 32-2 in the Power Play and 50-2 after 8 overs
- Vohra and Saha put on a half-century partnership to revive Punjab
- Both men score half-centuries as Punjab reach 111-2 after 14 overs, then take 20 runs from one Morkel over to put Punjab at 131-2 with five overs remaining
- Drama in the 15th over as Saha is dropped, then Vohra survives a stumping, Uthappa taking the ball in front of the stumps
- Vohra finally falls for 67 before Maxwell registers a golden duck
- Saha hits Narine for 6,4,6 to reach a 49-ball century
- Punjab close on 199 for four with Saha unbeaten on 115 in 55 balls
- Uthappa starts Kolkata's innings with a boundary as they try to chase down 200 but is dismissed soon afterwards
- Gambhir and Pandey keep Kolkata up with the rate as they reach 40-1 after four overs
- After an over which includes four overthrows, Kolkata finish the Power Play on 59 for one, only for Gambhir to fall to Karanveer Singh's first ball
- Yusuf Pathan hits Karanveer for two sixes and Manish Pandey approaches a half-century to keep the game in the balance - 89-2 after 10 overs
- Pandey reaches his half-century in 31 balls before he is dropped by Bailey in the 12th over
- Pathan falls for 36 in 22 balls to leave Kolkata 130-3 in the 14th over
- KKR needed 49 to win from 30 balls before losing Shakib and ten Doeschate to fall to 168-5
- Pandey falls for 94 in 50 balls and KKR needed 21 to win in 18 balls but with four wickets remaining
- Chawla hit Johnson for six to leave five required off six balls with three wickets left
- He then hits Awana for four to seal a three-wicket win with three balls to spare