The Psychology Of Cricket - Developing Mental Toughness
Book publisher Bennion Kearny is pleased to announce the debut title in its Cricket Academy Series: "The Psychology of Cricket: Developing Mental Toughness".
Written by two leading sport psychologists, the book offers an up-to-date, unique, and focused perspective on the mental side of cricket performance and is ideal for anyone playing or coaching cricket.
There are many aspects to cricket and cricket training, from the basics of how to bat and bowl to field positions; reading the pitch to clear communication. But alongside such technical components to the game, one needs to add ‘mental toughness’ as a must-have skill. It is the mentally tough players who are able to focus and excel in the most challenging of playing conditions and against the strongest opponents. It is what goes on inside a player’s head that is often the difference between success and failure.
Bennion Kearny is delighted to announce the publication of the first title in its Cricket Academy Series – The Psychology of Cricket: Developing Mental Toughness. Written by two leading sport psychologists – Dr Stewart Cotterill and Dr Jamie Barker – it provides accessible and up-to-date guidance that enables cricketers to:
- Train and develop their minds to perform more effectively and consistently
- Boost their confidence through recalling success, reflection, and smart thinking
- Develop concentration routines to maximize a player’s mental energy
- Learn how the best players develop mental toughness
- Learn how to deal more consistently and effectively with emotions and pressure
The book also includes a number of practical exercises at the end of chapters including exercises on goal setting, effective pre-delivery routines, boosting self-confidence, and controlling emotions. In turn, further reading, advanced reading, and reference resources are also provided.
The Psychology of Cricket is destined to become an essential piece of cricket equipment alongside bat, ball, and pads.
ISBN 13: 978-1909125216
Pages: 232 (paperback)
Cover price: £15.99
Bennion Kearny is a UK based publishing house developing expert books for the print and ebook markets. Recent and forthcoming titles include:
- Scientific Approaches to Goalkeeping in Football: A practical perspective on the most unique position in sport
- Reoffending: a practitioner’s guide to working with offenders and offending behaviour in the Criminal Justice System
- Finding Your Way Back to YOU: A self-help book for women who want to regain their Mojo and realise their dreams!
- The Doors Examined
Open an account with bet365 today and qualify for up to £200 in free bets with our fantastic 100% Deposit Bonus.