Adelaide Strikers name squad for WBBL season opener
The Adelaide Strikers have named a 13-player squad for Sunday's rebel WBBL|06 opening day clash against the Hobart Hurricanes.
Captain Suzie Bates is not yet ready for selection after injuring her shoulder in the Australia-New Zealand Rose Bowl series earlier this month.
Bates' experienced New Zealand team-mate Katie Perkins has been selected as a replacement player for Bates, as approved by the WBBL technical committee.
Head Coach Luke Williams said Bates' shoulder will continue to be monitored closely.
"While unfortunately Suzie is not available for this game, she continues to progress her rehabilitation and we hope that she will be available soon," he said.
"We welcome Katie, and also Laura and Maddie who are in the squad for the first time, and we can't wait to see what they will bring tomorrow."
West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor is scheduled to be released from Government quarantine on Monday, and as such will not feature in the opening round of matches.
Exciting South African international batter Laura Wolvaardt is expected to make her debut in blue.
Ellie Falconer sustained a stress injury in her foot prior to the tournament, and as such she has not travelled with the squad into the WBBL Village.
Play begins at 10am (ACDT) on Sunday, and the playing XI will be announced at the toss.
Adelaide Strikers' 13-player squad - Megan Schutt (c), Darcie Brown, Sarah Coyte, Katie Mack, Tahlia McGrath, Tegan McPharlin, Annie O'Neil, Bridget Patterson, Madeline Penna, Katie Perkins (NZ), Alex Price, Amanda-Jade Wellington, Laura Wolvaardt (SA)
©Cricket World 2020