12 November 2019
Agility & Jumping Training Drills with Chinmoy Roy
Chinmoy Roy joins Cricket World to share his latest tips, this time to improve your jump and agility with his training drills.
- Place one agility pole at the starting block
- 5 metres from the start make a hurdle by creating a 2 feet height by placing two agility poles across one another.
- 5 metres from the hurdle place a hoop fixed on a round stand. If you do not have the stand, fix it by any other means.
- There will be 3 hurdles and 3 hoops in total each placed alternately.
- Place another agility pole as one way finishing line at 5 metres from the last hoop.
- Total one way distance is 35 metres. Two way is 70 metres.
- After one round swap position. One would jump and go through hoop. Other waits at the one way finishing block. Role reverses next round.
- Jump and passing through will zap your energy. Sprinting back against fresh leg will further test your leg power and speed endurance.
- While approaching the hurdle lift your front leg towards the hurdle
- Thrust from the rear leg allows the body to take off.
- However, use upper and lower extremity in unison to propel the body over the hurdle.
- Mobile hip will allow you to bend quickly and pass through the hoops
- Work on muscle length for Gluteus, hamstrings, Piriformis and hip flexors by stretching them.
- Always pick a partner who faster than you.
Reps and sets
- After 1 rep rest for 1 minute
- Do 6 reps in one set then rest for 5 minutes
- Do 3 sets in total