All-rounder Fraser comes into 13-member squad for final CG United ODI
The Cricket West Indies (CWI) Women’s Selection Panel has announced the 13-member squad for the third and final CG United One Day International (ODI) against New Zealand Women to be played on Sunday, 25 September at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium.
Right-arm pacer Cherry-Ann Fraser comes into the squad to replace Shamilia Connell. Fraser had an impressive 6ixty and Women’s Caribbean Premier League showing with her team, Guyana Amazon Warriors, taking four wickets in each tournament format.
Lead Selector for Women’s cricket, Ann Browne-John said: “The CG United ODI Series has been a return to play for the team since their last encounter would have been the World Cup in February to April. Although the team is in the rebuilding process, the first two matches turned out to have very close results, which augers well for the future. The captain, Hayley Matthews, led from the front with her bowling and batting in the second match. It is also the time to start exposing some of the younger players evident in the fact that Shabika Gajnabi was given the responsibility of batting at Number 3. Another young player, Cherry Ann Fraser has been included in the squad for the final ODI as the panel strives to continue player development and exposure to international cricket.”
The first two matches of the CG United ODI Series have been very close encounters. New Zealand won the first by five runs on the DLS Method and then took the second by two wickets in a nailbiter.
Fans can now purchase tickets for any of the matches at tickets.windiestickets.com, the official Windies Tickets service presented by Mastercard. For all matches, adults can purchase general admission tickets online at US$5.00, with free admission for children under the age of 16 when accompanied by a paying adult. Seniors benefit from half price tickets. The stadium ticket office will open on the day of the rescheduled 1st CG United ODI with printed tickets available for EC$15.00/US$5.00. There will also be a Kids Fun Zone during the 3rd CG United ODI and the 2nd and 3rd T20 Internationals, where the younger fans can enjoy a bouncy castle, face painting and other exciting activities.
All eight matches will be streamed live in the Caribbean on ESPN Caribbean’s “ESPN Play” app and will be available around the world with some of CWI’s broadcast partners and on the Windies Cricket YouTube channel. Live ball-by-ball scoring will also be available on the www.windiescricket.com Match Centre.
West Indies squad for 3rd CG United ODI
- Hayley Matthews (Captain)
- Shakera Selman (Vice Captain)
- Aaliyah Alleyne
- Afy Fletcher
- Cherry-Ann Fraser
- Shabika Gajnabi
- Chinelle Henry
- Kyshona Knight
- Natasha McLean
- Chedean Nation
- Karishma Ramharack
- Stafanie Taylor
- Rashada Williams
FULL MATCH SCHEDULE
All matches will be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium
CG United ODI Series
- Monday 19 September: 1st CG United ODI, 9:30am Eastern Caribbean/8:30am Jamaica Time- New Zealand won by 5 runs via DLS method
- Thursday 22 September: 2nd CG United ODI, 9:30am Eastern Caribbean/8:30am Jamaica Time- New Zealand won by 2 wickets
- Sunday 25 September: 3rd CG United ODI, 9:30am Eastern Caribbean/8:30am Jamaica Time
- Wednesday 28 September: 1st T20I, 1:30pm Eastern Caribbean/12:30pm Jamaica time
- Saturday 1 October: 2nd T20I, 10:00am Eastern Caribbean/11:00amm Jamaica time
- Sunday 2 October: 3rd T20I, 1:30pm Eastern Caribbean/12:30pm Jamaica time
- Wednesday 5 October: 4th T20I, 10:00am Eastern Caribbean/9:00am Jamaica Time
- Thursday 6 October: 5th T20I, 1:30pm Eastern Caribbean/12:30pm Jamaica time