All you need to know: Ireland Women at the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier
Ireland Women’s cricket team are set to begin their ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier campaign on 18 September 2022, with their first match being against Bangladesh.
Below is how you can watch, follow or attend the Qualifier tournament.
The Irish squad is undertaking a preparation camp from 10-14 September in Dubai, playing a warm-up game against Papua New Guinea on the 13th (scorecard).
The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier consists of eight teams split into two groups of four teams, with the top two teams of each group playing in the semi-finals. Group A consists of Bangladesh, Ireland, Scotland, and USA; Group B will feature Thailand, Zimbabwe, PNG and UAE.
The winner of each semi-final will qualify for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in South Africa, February 2023.
The group matches will be played between 18-21 September, with semi-finals (23rd September) and final (25th September).
The Ireland Women’s squad is:
Laura Delany (capt), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron.
All squads in the tournament can be found here: https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2781616
- 13 September: Ireland Women v PNG (Dubai; start 11am)
- 16 September: Ireland Women v PNG (Tolerance Oval; start 12pm)
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifiers
- 18 September: Ireland Women v Bangladesh Women (Zayed Cricket Stadium; start 4pm)
- 19 September: Ireland Women v USA Women (Tolerance Oval; start 4pm)
- 21 September: Ireland Women v Scotland Women (Tolerance Oval; start 12pm)
- 23 September: Semi-Final (if Ireland qualifies)
- 25 September: Final (if Ireland qualifies)
* all times are in Irish time