Bangabandhu T20 Cup Player Draft will be held tomorrow
The Player Draft of the Bangabandhu T20 Cup 2020 will be held tomorrow (Thursday, 12 November) at the Le Meridien Dhaka. The Draft programme will start at 12h00.
There are 157 cricketers in the draft list (attached) who have been placed in four categories (A,B,C and D).
- The Player Draft will be a limited attendance ‘closed door’ event compliant with the health and safety protocols for Covid-19.
- There will be no media opportunity at the Draft venue due to access restrictions for Covid-19. The BCB will distribute video/visual highlights and images from the Draft to the media.
- Updates from each round of the Draft will be available on the BCB’s official facebook page Bangladesh Cricket: The Tigers
MAJOR FEATURES OF THE DRAFT
- The Draft will feature only Bangladeshi origin players.
- The maximum squad size is 16 (Sixteen) players.
- There will be a random draw for each set of the Draft to decide the order for the five participating teams to call their players of choice.
- For the second round of each set, the order call order will be reversed. For example, if a team gets to call first in round one, it will call last in the second round.
- For each set there will be 02 (Two) rounds of calls. Each team will get one opportunity to call in each round.
- A team may call their player of choice from any category.
- After one set there will be a fresh draw to decide the order of calls.
- There will be maximum of 08 (Eight) sets for conducting the Player Draft.
- Once a player is chosen from the Draft, he cannot be withdrawn unless he is unavailable due to injury /illness/ unavailability on medical grounds /any other logically acceptable reason.
- Players grades and price category:
Grade A - BDT 15,00,000
Grade B - BDT 10,00,000
Grade C - BDT 6,00,000
Grade D - BDT 4,00,000
- Players can only be recruited from the Draft list.
- In case of any injury/illness/unavailability of any player, teams may request for replacements. The replacement player has to be of the same or lower grade and from the unsold players’ list.
© Cricket World 2020