CG Insurance Super50 Cup: Squad changes approved ahead of semis and playoff
The Technical Committee for the CG Insurance Super50 Cup has approved squad replacements ahead of the Semi-Finals and the playoff for fifth place. Several players who were part of the magnificent West Indies Test series victory in Bangladesh have been drafted into their franchise 15-member squads.
Ahead of today’s first day/night Semi-Final between Trinidad and Tobago Red Force and Jamaica Scorpions, starting at 1:30pm in Antigua (12:30pm Jamaica Time), Scorpions’ batsmen Nkrumah Bonner and John Campbell will replace fast bowler Oshane Thomas and batsman Paul Palmer jr.
For the second day/night Semi-Final between Guyana Jaguars and Windward Islands Volcanoes on Thursday (February 25), the Jaguars’ left-handed all-rounder Raymon Reifer and experienced left-arm spinner Veersammy Permaul will replace wicket-keeper/batsman Kemol Savory and batsman Assad Fudadin. For Windward Islands Volcanoes, Kavem Hodge, the right-handed batsman who also bowls left-arm spin, has been included in place of opener Desron Maloney.
In advance of the fifth-sixth place match on Friday, February 26, between Barbados Pride and Leeward Islands Hurricanes at Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, the Hurricanes fast bowler Alzarri Joseph and 'keeper Jahmar Hamilton will come in for seamer Jeremiah Louis and 'keeper Amir Jangoo.
The winners of the two Semi-Finals will meet in the grand final on Saturday, February 27 at Coolidge Cricket Ground, where the champions will be awarded the CG Insurance Super50 Sir Clive Lloyd Trophy.
The Semi-Finals and final start at 1:30pm local time (12:30pm Jamaica Time) and will be live on ESPN Caribbean and live on radio coverage on ten regional radio stations in partnership with Vibes FM. Details can also be found on www.windiescricket.com
The fifth-sixth place playoff starts at 9am local time (8am Jamaica Time) and will have live radio coverage across the region and streamed live on the Windiescricket YouTube channel
· Barbados Pride: Jason Holder (captain), Jonathan Carter (vice-captain), Joshua Bishop, Shamarh Brooks, Roston Chase, Jonathan Drakes, Justin Greaves, Chemar Holder, Kyle Hope, Shai Hope, Akeem Jordan, Nicholas Kirton, Zachary McCaskie, Ashley Nurse, Tevyn Walcott; Dexter Toppin (Head Coach)
· Guyana Jaguars: Leon Johnson (captain), Shimron Hetmyer (vice-captain), Christopher Barnwell, Anthony Bramble, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Tevin Imlach, Keon Joseph, Ramaal Lewis, Gudakesh Motie, Veerasammy Permaul, Akshaya Persaud, Raymon Reifer, Romario Shepherd, Kevin Sinclair, Nial Smith; Esuan Crandon (Head Coach)
· Jamaica Scorpions: Rovman Powell (captain), Derval Green (vice-captain), Fabian Allen, Nkrumah Bonner, Dennis Bulli, John Campbell, Sheldon Cottrell, Javell Glenn, Brandon King, Andre McCarthy, Jamie Merchant, Romaine Morris, Jeavor Royal, Odean Smith, Aldaine Thomas; Andre Coley (Head Coach)
· Leeward Islands Hurricanes: Devon Thomas (captain) Montcin Hodge (vice-captain), Colin Archibald, Quinton Boatswain, Sheeno Berridge, Keacy Carty, Jahmar Hamilton, Kofi James, Alzarri Joseph, Nitish Kumar, Ashmead Nedd, Kieran Powell, Ross Powell, Terrance Warde, Hayden Walsh jr; Stuart Williams (Head Coach)
· Trinidad and Tobago Red Force: Kieron Pollard (captain), Darren Bravo (vice-captain), Akeal Hosein, Imran Khan, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Sunil Narine, Kjorn Ottley, Khary Pierre, Anderson Phillip, Nicholas Pooran, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Jayden Seales, Lendl Simmons; David Furlonge (Head Coach)
· Windward Islands Volcanoes: Sunil Ambris (captain), Andre Fletcher (vice-captain), Alick Athanaze, Roland Cato, Keron Cottoy, Kenneth Dember, Larry Edward, Kavem Hodge, Ryan John, Ray Jordan, Kimani Melius, Preston McSween, Kevin Stoute, Emmanuel Stewart, Obed McCoy; Andrew Richardson (Head Coach)
© Cricket World 2021