Cricket Betting Tips and Match Predictions: Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 - Punjab Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 2nd Match: 1st April
The Punjab Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 2nd Match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 will be played at the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali.
LIVE SCORES - Punjab Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 2nd Match
Top Tournament Stats - Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023
Shikhar Dhawan is the top run-scorer for Punjab Kings with 333 runs from his last 10 matches at an average of 41 and a strike rate of 120.
Liam Livingstone has also made 275 runs from his last 10 matches.
Kagiso Rabada has been the best bowler for Punjab Kings and has picked up 19 wickets from his last 10 matches while bowling at an economy rate of 8 and a strike rate of 12.
Arshdeep Singh has also picked up 8 wickets from his last 10 matches.
Newly-appointed captain Nitish Rana is the top run-scorer for Kolkata Knight Riders with 322 runs from his last 10 matches at an average of 35 and a strike rate of 146.
Andre Russell has also made 229 runs from his last 10 matches.
Andre Russell has been the best bowler for Kolkata Knight Riders and has picked up 15 wickets from his last 10 matches while bowling at an economy rate of 9 and a strike rate of 8.20.
Tim Southee has also picked up 9 wickets from his last 7 matches.
Form Guide - At a Glance
Last 5 match results (most recent first)
Punjab Kings - WLWLW
Kolkata Knight Riders - LWWLW
Head to Head (last 5 matches)
Punjab Kings - 2
Kolkata Knight Riders - 3
Result of last head to head clash
Punjab Kings lost to Kolkata Knight Riders by 6 wickets
Venue Guide (Domestic T20s) - Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
Total Matches - 56
Wins for team batting first - 24
Wins for team batting second - 32
Average score batting first - 166
Highest Score - Chennai Super Kings 240/5
Lowest Score - Delhi Capitals 60/10
Punjab Kings - Shikhar Dhawan (c), Shahrukh Khan, Matt Short, Prabhsimran Singh, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Jitesh Sharma, Raj Bawa, Rishi Dhawan, Liam Livingstone, Atharva Taide, Arshdeep Singh, Baltej Singh, Nathan Ellis, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Harpreet Brar, Sam Curran, Sikandar Raza, Harpreet Bhatia, Vidwath Kaverappa, Mohit Rathee, Shivam Singh
Kolkata Knight Riders - Shreyas Iyer, Nitish Rana (c), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Venkatesh Iyer, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Shardul Thakur, Lockie Ferguson, Umesh Yadav, Tim Southee, Harshit Rana, Varun Chakravarthy, Anukul Roy, Rinku Singh, N Jadadeesan, Vaibhav Arora, Suyash Sharma, David Wiese, Kulwant Khejroliya, Litton Das, Mandeep Singh, Shakib Al Hasan
- Kolkata Knight Riders have won six of their last eight Indian Premier League games against Punjab Kings (L2), including the only game between the two sides last season; Kolkata has a win percentage of 67% against Punjab (P30 W20 L10), their highest such rate against any of the currently active IPL franchises.
- Punjab Kings have alternated between a loss and a win in each of their last four Indian Premier League games, having won their most recent encounter against the Sunrisers Hyderabad on May 22; indeed, Liam Livingstone top-scored in both of their wins in this run (70 vs RCB & 49* vs SRH).
- Punjab Kings logged a catch success rate of 87% in the 2022 Indian Premier League season, the highest among all teams; indeed, Punjab’s 10 drops were the fewest by any team last season with the team catching the remaining 67 of its total 77 chances.
- Sunil Narine (Kolkata Knight Riders) has taken 152 wickets for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, the second most by any bowler for a single team in competition history (Lasith Malinga – 170 wickets for Mumbai Indians); Narine aggregated a bowling dot ball rate of 42.3% in the IPL last season, the best such rate of any spinner with at least 25 overs bowled.
- Arshdeep Singh (Punjab Kings) logged a bowling economy rate of 7.6 during the death overs (overs 17-20) in the Indian Premier League last season, the second best such rate of any bowler with at least 40 balls bowled in this phase (Jasprit Bumrah – 7.4).
Cricket Betting Tips and Match Predictions* - PrePlay
Who will win the toss? - Punjab Kings
Who will win? – Punjab Kings
Top Batsman (Runs Scored) – Nitish Rana (Kolkata Knight Riders), Shikhar Dhawan (Punjab Kings)
Top Bowler (Wickets taken) – Sunil Narine (Kolkata Knight Riders), Arshdeep Singh (Punjab Kings)
Most Sixes – Andre Russell (Kolkata Knight Riders), Liam Livingstone (Punjab Kings)
Man of the Match – Liam Livingstone
Team Scores Batting first – Kolkata Knight Riders 170+, Punjab Kings 180+
Match Handicap Punjab Kings
Live Cricket Streaming Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023: the live cricket streaming page which enables you to watch live cricket and Cricket World TV - Geo-restrictions apply
*NB these predictions may be changed nearer the start of the match once the final starting teams have been announced and we will be running ‘In-Play’ features, so stay tuned.
© Cricket World 2023