Cricket Scotland announce 15-man squad for ICC U19 Cricket World Cup
Cricket Scotland is delighted to reveal the 15-strong squad selected for the upcoming U19 Cricket World Cup, to be held in South Africa from 17th January to 9th February 2020.
- Angus Guy: Clydesdale Cricket Club, 17 years old
- Tom Mackintosh: Grange Cricket Club, 16 years old
- Ben Davidson: Grange Cricket Club, 18 years old
- Callum Grant: Stenhousemuir Cricket Club, 17 years old
- Charlie Peet: Grange Cricket Club, 16 years old
- Daniel Cairns: Clydesdale Cricket Club, 18 years old
- Durness Mackay-Champion: Heriots Cricket Club, 18 years old
- Euan McBeth: Prestwick Cricket Club, 18 years old
- Jamie Cairns: Grange Cricket Club, 16 years old
- Jasper Davidson: Stirling County Cricket Club, 17 years old
- Kess Sajjad: Poloc Cricket Club, 19 years old
- Liam Naylor: Alder Cricket Club, 18 years old
- Rory Hanley: Durham County Cricket Club, 19 years old
- Sean Fischer-Keogh: Greenock Cricket Club, 17 years old
- Uzzair Shah: Highfield Cricket Club, 18 years old
Gordon Drummond, Cricket Scotland’s Pathway Manager and coach of the Scotland U19 squad, said: “The squad is excited about the opportunity to take part in the upcoming U19 Cricket World Cup in South Africa. It’s a tough group but one that also presents a fantastic opportunity to take a few Full Member scalps which I know the boys are focused on achieving.
“Our squad has variety and a great team spirit which they displayed during the ICC U19s Europe Cricket World Cup Qualifier [in which Scotland finished top of the group]. They have trained hard all winter and are looking forward to the outdoor preparation in Dubai leading into the tournament.
“The players have set themselves some targets which if they play with the skill and belief, we know they can certainly achieve.”
Scotland has been placed in Group C for the event, joining Bangladesh, Pakistan and Zimbabwe for the first round after an unbeaten ICC U19 Cricket World Cup Europe campaign earlier in the summer.
Scotland will be supported by coaches Cedric English, Gordon Drummond and Toby Bailey.
Gus Mackay, Chief Executive of Cricket Scotland, says: “This is a great opportunity for the next generation of Scotland’s internationals to make their mark on the global stage.
“Everyone involved at Cricket Scotland wishes the team all the best in the tournament and it’s important we compete with the other nations in our group.”
- 19th January 2020 10:00 – Pakistan vs. Scotland at North West University Oval, Potchefstroom
- 21st January 2020 10:00 – Bangladesh vs. Scotland at Witrand Oval, Potchefstroom
- 25th January 2020 10:00 – Zimbabwe vs. Scotland at Witrand Oval, Potchefstroom