12 April 2021
Fielding Agility and Fitness with Chinmoy Roy
Chinmoy Roy joins Cricket World TV with his latest fielding tips, focusing on improving agility and fitness.
- Place one pole at the left side where the drill starts.
- Two normal stride lengths from the pole place7 cones in an order that when 6 small
Sticks are placed on top of them it appears like English “L” and then a reverse “L” as it progresses.
- In the same order and shape another set of 7 cones and 6 sticks are placed right opposite at the right hand side.
- Another pole is placed about 5 metre from the left side pole which is named as centre point.
- The distance from centre point pole to bang opposite where the coach stands at another pole is 20 metres. This is in straight line.
- A cone is placed at 10 metres from the coach’s pole.
- A few cricket balls are with the coach.
- While shuffling over the hurdle made of sticks ensure soft landing on the ball of the feet.
- The softer one lands the less the ground contact time. More agile one gets
- A good balance and transfer of body position can be achieved by right alignment at the hip and shoulder. Do not drop the head forward to avoid falling over.
- The Drill combines a forward quick feet and backward quick feet. So it educates quickness on two different planes.
Reps and sets
- Rest 30 seconds after one rep
- Do 6 reps in one set
- Rest for 5 minutes after one set
- Do 2-3 sets
© Cricket World 2019