KFC BBL|11 Finals series: Week one schedule confirmed
The Perth Scorchers, Sydney Sixers, Sydney Thunder, Adelaide Strikers and Hobart Hurricanes remain in the hunt to be crowned KFC BBL|11 champions after qualifying for this season’s Finals series.
As confirmed earlier today, the first three matches of the Finals series will be held in Melbourne, with two at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (January 21 and 23) and one at Marvel Stadium (January 22)
Following the completion of the 56-game regular season tonight, the match ups for the Finals series have also been locked in.
- The Eliminator - January 21, 7:15pm AEDT: Adelaide Strikers v Hobart Hurricanes, Melbourne Cricket Ground
- The Qualifier - January 22, 7:15pm AEDT: Perth Scorchers v Sydney Sixers, Marvel Stadium
- The Knockout - January 23, 7:15pm AEDT: Sydney Thunder v winner of The Eliminator, Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Tickets to all three matches will be available tomorrow via a members’ pre-sale at 9:30am AEDT and to the general public at 12:00pm AEDT via cricket.com.au/big-bash.
All KFC BBL|11 Finals matches will be broadcast live on Seven, Foxtel, Kayo and SEN.
Matches in week two of the Finals series will be held at the nominated home venues of the teams that have earned the right to host. These teams are Perth Scorchers (Marvel Stadium) and Sydney Sixers (Sydney Cricket Ground).
- The Challenger - January 26, 7:25pm AEDT: Loser of The Qualifier v winner of The Knockout
- The Final - January 28, 7:40pm AEDT: Winner of The Qualifier v winner of The Challenger
- Ticket information for The Challenger and The Final will be made available shortly.
Alistair Dobson, Cricket Australia’s General Manager of Big Bash Leagues, said:
“Congratulations to the Perth Scorchers, Sydney Sixers, Sydney Thunder, Adelaide Strikers and Hobart Hurricanes on qualifying for the KFC BBL|11 Finals.
“Each has produced a number of brilliant individual and team moments that have headlined a memorable BBL season. We know our fans can’t wait what this Finals series has in store.
“Similarly, we recognise the players and staff of the Melbourne Stars, Brisbane Heat and Melbourne Renegades whose commitment to the competition ensured its continuation through trying circumstances.
“Our thanks also go to our match officials, broadcasters, partners and venues for their delivery of the season to date. We wish everyone well in the Finals.”