16 May 2019
Parachute Drills with Chinmoy Roy
Chinmoy Roy joins Cricket World again with his top training tips for cricketers, this week with the parachute drill to work on your explosive run up for fast bowling.
- Place 3-4 poles at the starting and finishing line each about 1 metre apart.
- The distance is 50 metres.
- Use two parachutes for one person.
- Tie the parachutes at your waist just below the navel.
- Make sure the Velcro strap of one of the parachutes is tied without a knot so that you can untie it the midway by releasing it from the Velcro.
- Get off the blocks with a little forward lean.
- Get upright after 5 metres or so.
- Use arm drives to overcome wind resistance.
- Keep shoulders nice and square.
- Head absolutely still.
- Untie one parachute in the midway of 50 metres distance.
- Feel the lighter resistance during the rest of the run.
- Drill is called contrast run since two different resistance is used in one run.
Reps and sets
- After one Rep rest for 1-2 minute
- Do 10 reps and rest for 5 minutes
- Do 2 sets of this