12 April 2021
Progressive Stride Length Run with Chinmoy Roy
Chinmoy Roy joins Cricket World TV this week to focus on fluid movement and fitness drills, to get that quick movement and improve your cricket game.
Drill Set up
- Place one pole as the starting block.
- At a distance of 2 full stride length from the starting pole place the first hoop. The hoop is 1 foot in diameter. The first three hoops are placed at a distance of two feet length from each other. The foot is placed vertically which is roughly 6 inches.
- The next three hoops are placed at 1 feet distance from each other. The next three 1.5 feet and the next three 2.5 feet and the last three 3 feet from each other.
- The distance between the first hoop and the finishing pole is 30 metres.
- The A skip at the starting block is total 10 count. 5 left leg and 5 right leg. Then break into your run with a little lean.
- While doing the A skip the planted leg should have a triple extension. Ankle, knee and hip all extended. To make it simple maintain a tall hip position without any bend at the knee and hip.
- Keep the arms close to armpits and do not sway the shoulders. Rather keep it nice and square.
Reps and sets
- Do 6 back to back runs and then rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Do 2-5 sets
© Cricket World 2019