25 June 2019
Quick Feet Drills with Chinmoy Roy
Chinmoy Roy joins Cricket World again for his latest cricket training drill, this time focusing on quick feet and improving cricketers agility!
- Place one agility pole at the start.
- Place a set of four cones in the shape of a square 5 metres from the start.
- 4 sticks are placed on the cones that make the look of a square discernible.
- This act as small hurdle.
- Place a few agility poles 25 metres from the square.
- These poles acts as boundary line.
- A person stands along a spring stump with a cricket ball parallel to the square
- This person rolls the ball along the turf once the fast feet is completed so that the cricketers can chase.
- During quick feet stay on the ball of the feet
- Ball of the feet is right under your toe
- During quick feet while moving from one side to another concentrate on balance.
- Land softly on the knee during slide.
- Launch your slide roughly 5 feet away from the ball.
Reps and sets
- After one rep take 30 seconds rest
- Do 6-8 reps in 1 set and rest 5 minutes
- Do 2-3 sets