18 July 2019
Quick Turn Drills with Chinmoy Roy
Chinmoy Roy joins Cricket World TV with his latest cricket training drills, this time focusing on working sideways and improving quick turns.
- Place one pole as the starting block
- 5 Metres from the starting block place 10 cones within a distance of 5 metres, each pair of cones roughly 1 metre apart.
- 5 Small sticks are placed on the cones to convert it into small hurdles.
- From the last of the cones position another pole at a distance of 25 metres as the finishing line.
- The distance between the first cone hurdle and the finishing pole is 30 metres
- Run of 4 between two persons are run within the distance of 30 metres.
- During Lateral shuffle do not externally rotate the push or leading leg
- Keep that leading leg pointing forward
- The inside leg is the stabilising leg. Keep that firmly on the ground as you move sideways.
- After finishing the Side Shuffle keep a wide base of legs so that you can take a sudden turn
- A wider base of leg provides more balance
- During the sprint for 4 Runs after the lateral shuffle ends maintain the same principle when turning for each run – a wide base so that you can turn with control saving that fraction of a second
Reps and sets
- After one rep rest for 30 seconds
- 6-8 Reps in one set
- Do 2-3 Sets with a rest of 5 minutes between every set