Sindh, Southern Punjab CCA squads for inter-city tournament announced
Pakistan Cricket Board today announced 17 City Cricket Association sides of the Sindh Cricket Association and 14 City Cricket Associations of the Southern Punjab Cricket Association for the City Cricket Association Tournament 2022-23. The squads are available here.
The tournament commenced in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan on 19 and 20 June, respectively. Sindh will host matches from Tuesday, 21 June, while matches in Central Punjab, Northern and Southern Punjab will begin from 24 June. The tournament will conclude on 21 July.
The sides in the Central Punjab and Northern cricket associations will be unveiled in due course.
The inter-city tournament is a pathway for selection for the Cricket Association sides who play four-day first-class, non first-class three-day, 50-over and 20-over competitions in the senior PCB domestic men’s season.
The CCA squads have been selected through a robust process.
The performers of last year’s CCA tournament, players who have featured in last year’s CA U19 events and those who are not eligible to feature in future U19 tournaments have been selected. The remaining players were selected through open trials with preference given to performers of clubs’ winter league.
The winners from Central Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh CCAs will be declared after group leaders progress to the semi-final with the top two teams playing the final. In contrast, Balochistan, Northern and Southern Punjab CCAs will be divided into three groups each with group leaders to progress to the triangular series stage and the side with most points to be adjudged as winner.
According to the event format, each match will be of two days with 100 overs to be bowled each day in six hours and 40 minutes with a one-hour break from 1200-1300. To encourage positive and result-oriented cricket, first innings will be limited to 75 overs per side and no bowler shall bowl more than 15 overs in an innings.
Points system for the CCA tournament 2022-23 is:
- For an outright win after taking the lead in the 1st innings. 9 points
- For an outright win after conceding lead on the 1st innings (Losing team will get no points) 6 points
- For an outright win after a tie in the 1st innings (Losing team will get no points) 6 points
- In case of a drawn match, team getting 1st innings lead 3 points
- For tie where teams have completed two innings 2 points each
- A team leading in 1st innings and 2nd innings tied shall get 5 points
- For a tie in the 1st innings (No outright result or drawn) 2 points each
- Abandoned, wash out or drawn match with no 1st innings result. 1 point each
- team win with an innings Margin 1 bonus point
- Team facing follow-on and saving the match (result drawn) 1 bonus point
- Team facing follow-on and winning the match 2 bonus points