Team USA Men’s Squad Announced for ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 series in UAE
USA Cricket is pleased to today announce the 14 man squad who will represent the United States in the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 ODI Tri-Series in UAE next month. USA will face the challenge of hosts UAE, as well as the current league leaders, Scotland, in a series of One Day Internationals where each side plays each other twice.
All squad sizes are restricted to 14 players, so there are two enforced changes from the 16 man squad that finished the Super50 Cup with a win over Guyana Jaguars on Monday. The two players to miss out from the touring party that are currently in Trinidad are Sagar Patel and Jasdeep Singh.
Team USA remain in Trinidad for some final preparations this week before flying to Dubai in the coming days to acclimatize for the crucial series of One Day Internationals. USA currently stand in 3rd place in the points table with 3 wins from their 4 matches so far, they are behind Scotland and Namibia only by virtue of Net Run Rate.
Commenting on the team, USA Cricket Chairman of Selectors, Ricardo Powell, said, “It was always the intention of the selection panel to choose our squad of 14 players from the group of 16 that we took to Trinidad for the Super50. Naturally both Sagar and Jessy will be disappointed to miss out on the tour of the UAE, but they remain important parts of our group and we feel that we have selected the best 14 players available for these critical Cricket World Cup League 2 matches.”
“Although we only had two wins from our eight matches in the Super50, there were a large number of positives that we have taken from the tour going onto the UAE. More important than the actual results was the time that the entire playing group got to spend together in a competitive playing environment working on their individual and collective performances against some excellent opposition. There were some pleasing individual performances, and we were well led throughout by the leadership group. It was brilliant to finish with probably our most complete performance in the win over Guyana and we look forward to taking that momentum immediately into the matches in the UAE.”
This is the second series of One Day International matches for Team USA in ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 after the Men's National Team gained ODI status at WCL2 in Namibia in April 2019 and is part of a series of 36 ODIs that Team USA will play over the next 2.5 years in ICC Cricket World Cup League 2, with the top 3 finishers in the league qualifying for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2022.
All Team USA matches in the UAE will be covered via @USACricket’s social media handles and with live-scoring in the official USA Cricket Match Center on www.usacricket.org.
Team USA’s schedule for ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 Tri-Series in UAE:
- December 8 USA vs United Arab Emirates, Sharjah Cricket Stadium
- December 9 USA vs Scotland, Sharjah Cricket Stadium
- December 12 USA vs United Arab Emirates, ICC Academy Ground, Dubai
- December 14 USA vs Scotland, ICC Academy Ground, Dubai
Team USA squad:
- Saurabh Netravalkar (Captain - Marin 1, Northern California Cricket Association)
- Steven Taylor (V/Captain - Sheffield Cricket Club, New York Metropolitan Cricket League)
- Karima Gore (Antigua)
- Ian Holland (Hampshire, England)
- Akshay Homraj (Galaxy Cricket Club, Eastern American Cricket Association)
- Elmore Hutchinson (Caribbean CC, Southern California Cricket Association)
- Aaron Jones (Atlantis Cricket Club, New York Metropolitan Cricket League)
- Nosthush Kenjige (Atlantis Cricket Club, New York Metropolitan Cricket League)
- Xavier Marshall (Triggers Cricket Club, Houston Cricket League)
- Monank Patel (Freedom Cricket Club, Cricket League of New Jersey)
- Nisarg Patel (Vijayta Cricket Club, Southern California Cricket Association)
- Timil Patel (Vijayta Cricket Club, Southern California Cricket Association)
- Cameron Stevenson (Carlton Cricket Club, Australia)
- Rusty Theron (Potomac Cricket Club, Washington Cricket League)