WBBL|08: Adelaide Strikers fall to Hobart Hurricanes
The Adelaide Strikers have been defeated by the Hobart Hurricanes, ending their four match winning streak.
Adelaide Strikers Women 129/4 (20 ov)
Hobart Hurricanes Women 152/4 (20 ov)
Result - Hobart Hurricanes Women won by 23 runs.
- After winning the toss and opting to send the Hurricanes in, Amanda-Jade Wellington took the first wicket of Lizelle Lee in the 5th over.
- Shortly after, Darcie Brown clean bowled Mignon Du Preez for three runs.
- After the Hurricanes brought up their 100, Amanda-Jade Wellington with the ball and Tegan McPharlin behind the stumps worked together to dismiss Elyse Villani for 47.
- Deandra Dottin took the fourth wicket in the innings, with a solid catch by Jemma Barsby on the boundary.
- Chasing 153 for the win, Katie Mack and Deandra Dottin opened the batting, with Katie falling victim to Molly Strano in the second over, scoring 10 runs.
- Deandra Dottin was dismissed in the sixth over for 15.
- Tahlia McGrath and Laura Wolvaardt steadied the ship building a partnership of 58 runs, before Tahlia was caught out in the 14th over.
- Looking in fine form, Laura Wolvaardt was dismissed shortly after for 45.
- Bridget Patterson and Maddie Penna stayed at the crease for the remainder of the innings with a 25 run partnership, but unfortunately ran out of time, as the 20 over mark quickly approached.
- The Adelaide Strikers ended on 4-129 off 20 overs.
The Strikers now head to the Barossa for a matchup against Sydney Thunder in Nuriootpa on Sunday, with first ball scheduled for 2.30pm ACDT.