WBBL|08: Brisbane Heat narrowly beat Adelaide Strikers
There was a nail-biter at Karen Rolton Oval on Monday night, with the Brisbane Heat narrowly beating the Adelaide Strikers by two-runs under DLS Method.
Adelaide Strikers Women vs Brisbane Heat Women, 45th Match, Women's Big Bash League
Adelaide Strikers Women 115/10 (16 ov)
Brisbane Heat Women 114/6 (16 ov)
Result - BH-W Won By 2 runs (D/L method)
- After losing the toss and being sent into field, the Strikers had a successful first 10 overs.
- Deandra Dottin took two wickets and Megan Schutt and Amanda-Jade Wellington a wicket each to have the Heat 4-56 at drinks.
- There was a half-an-hour break in our fielding innings due to rain and the game was reduced to 16 overs a side.
- Schutt got her third wicket in the final over and the Heat finished their innings 6-114.
- With the Strikers requiring 118 to win under DLS, new opening combination Katie Mack and Laura Wolvaardt had a good start to the powerplay, 0-22 off three overs.
- From there, the Strikers lost wickets at regular intervals with Wolvaardt playing a lone hand for the Strikers, keeping the Adelaide side in it with a score of 45 off 38.
- When Wolvaardt got caught trying to hit boundaries, Schutt and Darcie Brown, batting for the first time in WBBL, had to face the last two overs and Schutt did her best, hitting two boundaries on her way to 18* off 12.
- It came down to the final delivery with Brown having to hit a four to win the game and she gave her best effort, lifting a straight drive down the ground only to be just caught on the boundary, which secured Brisbane the two-run win.
Adelaide will now be focusing on their final two matches in North Sydney, where they will take on the Hurricanes and Thunder on Friday and Sunday respectively.