Wicket Keeping Drills with Chinmoy Roy
We are delighted to have Chinmoy Roy working with Cricket World to bring you some interesting and innovative Cricket Training Drills.
The episode focuses on improving your wicket keeping, with lightning quick agility to emulate the likes of Adam Gilchrist.
- 2 spring stumps or 2 cones are placed at a distance of 10 meters apart.
- Two cricketers stand one behind another maintaining a distance of about 3 feet.
- Coach stands with total 6 balls in his hands that he will feed.
- The wicketkeeper with gloves stands in front in the first round. In the second round he stands behind.
- Both the cricketers must stay on the ball of their feet.
- Feet well apart to form a nice and stable base
- Balance and anticipation is the key.
- Cricketer behind should expect every ball coming his way.
- Cricketer in front should leave the ball as late as possible giving the impression that he is about to catch it.
- Leaving the ball late will make it difficult for the man behind. His reflexes will improve.
- While turing during the four shuttle runs focus on maintaining good balance with a wide base of feet.
Reps and sets
- After every repetition rest for 1 minute.
- 6 reps make 1 set
- Do 2-3 sets of this