Yolandi Potgieter and Patrick Botha Dominate Free State Cricket Virtual Awards
Free State Women’s Yolandi Potgieter claimed two big awards at the Free State Cricket Virtual Awards on Thursday evening.
The cricketer was named as Player of the year and Player’s Player of the year. In the 2019/20 domestic season, Potgieter raked up to 200 runs in the CSA Women’s Provincial T20 Competition finishing the season with a batting average of 33.3. The batting all-rounder also showed her skill with the ball finishing the CSA Women’s Provincial One Day Competition with bowling economy of 3.98, including her season best figures of 4 wickets for 9 runs in 4 overs against Northerns Women.
Patrick Botha also claimed two big awards. The Senior Provincial captain won the Presidential award and was named as Magnifisan Free State Senior Provincial Player of the year. Botha scored 755 runs at an average of 83.8 in the CSA 3-Day Series. He scored 2 centuries and 5 half-centuries in the series with highest score being 191. He also scored 169 runs at an average of 33.80 in the CSA 1-day competition with a highest score of 57. “Patrick was one of the most consistent players for Free State this season and he led the team very well,” commented Edward Mokoenanyana, Head coach of Magnifisan Free State.
Nathan Roux was named as Free State Academy player of the year. Roux scored a total of 787 runs at an average of 56.2, this included his highest score of 173 not out.
“It is important to acknowledge players that performed well. Congratulations to all the award winners on their excellent performances during the past season,” commented the Vice-President of Free State Cricket Union, Xander Snyders.
KFC Mini-Cricket Administrator of the year: Makgokolotso Moremoholo
- Under 13 Player of the year: Dakalo Leketa
- Under 15 Player of the year: Liam Doherty
- Under 17 Player of the year: Mvula Chabalala
- Under 17 Rural Player of the year: Stiaan Prinsloo
- Under 19 Player of the year: Pheko Moletsane
- Under 19 Girls Player of the year: Maine Smit
- LSEN Player of the year: Boitumelo Melesi
- RPC Player of the year: Aphiwe Nqwani
- Best Performing Team of the year: Magnifisan Free State Senior Provincial Team
- Differently Abled player of the year: Tefo Lesly Klasen
- Rural Cricketer of the year: Francios van Rooyen
- Scorer of the year: Thato Moabi
- Newcomer Umpire of the year: Bahloakana Mohapi
- Umpire of the year: Heinrich Kilian
- FS Club Champs Representative of the year: Kovsies Cricket Club
- Coach of the year- Joint Award: Edward Mokoenanyana and Lotli Sesele
- Academy Player of the year: Nathan Roux
- Women’s Cricket Rookie of the year: Rene Nel
- Women’s Cricket Players Player of the year: Yolandi Potgieter
- Women’s Cricket Player of the year: Yolandi Potgieter
- Senior Provincial Rookie of the year: Duan Jansen
- Senior Provincial Most Improved Player of the year: Sean Whitehead
- Senior Provincial Player of the year: Patrick Botha
- Presidential Award recipient: Patrick Botha
The Award Ceremony is available on Free State Cricket Social Media Pages.